Savor this delectable fruit. This type of fig is smaller than the typical fig, has darker skin, is slightly sweeter, and is pinkish on the inside. They are packed with nutrients and are rich in flavor.
- high amounts of Calcium, Magnesium, Phosphorus, and Potassium
- vitamins: C, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, B-6, Folate, A, E, and K
- high in fiber
- good for the stomach
- help protect the body against breast and colon cancer
- help to lower cholesterol
- good source of omega 3 and 6 fatty acids that reduce heart diseases
- help to regulate blood sugar levels
- Figs were considered the fruit of prosperity in ancient Greek culture and were used for Olympic training.